Monday, March 8, 2010

What a weekend!

We met my parents in Canton Thursday night (half way from Dallas to Longview) to drop off the girls with their Nana & Papa for the rest of the weekend. We like to do this every 4 weeks or so. It's nice for us, it's always a much needed break. It gives us a good opportunity to get stuff done around the house too. My parents love having them all to themselves. They always go to my grandparent's church on Sunday mornings and then to Mamaw & Papaw's house after for lunch and visiting. So Friday night Heath & I and some friends went to Nico's for drinks and dinner on the patio. It was so much fun!! So Saturday morning I went and got a much needed pedicure and my nails done! Sooooo nice!! Then back to the house to do some stuff around there before we went to Heath's grandparent's house for Uncle Joe's birthday dinner and then out for the night. Around 4:00 I got a call from my mom saying that John had fallen off a 6' ladder while doing some work. She didn't know the extent of his injuries and was on her way, with both girls, to the hospital since he was taken by ambulance. So we were on stand-by until she could get to the hospital and see what his condition was and call us back. We were prepared to go get the girls and help out any way we could. So about 5:30 we got another call from my mom saying he had either broken or dislocated his shoulder and they were taking him in for a ct scan and we needed to go ahead and head their way. My mom had a lot on her plate between worrying about John and juggling a 3 ½ yr old and an almost 8 month old at the hospital. So we got all of our stuff together and headed out. Luckily Heather was able to come stay with our 4 legged baby, Boston, while we were gone. So we got to the hospital a little after 9:00 and everyone was worn out!!! Camryn could barely keep her eyes open but was so happy to see her Mommy & Daddy! So come to find out John didn’t break anything, he had dislocated his shoulder and they popped it back into place. Needless to say he was in a lot of pain! L So we got the girls and all their stuff together and headed to my parent’s house to put the girls to bed. On the way we picked up John’s truck and got it back to their house so they didn’t have to worry about that later. My parents didn’t make it to the house until around 1:30 AM and were exhausted! So the next morning we got up, ate breakfast and headed back to Dallas so my parents could get some rest without a house full of people there. We got home, unpacked and ate a late lunch while the girls napped. So glad John is okay and so relieved he didn’t have a head injury. I am also thankful I got to hug and kiss my parents and grandparents, I don’t get to as much as I would like to. So, that was our weekend… and now we’re all back to work and school. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for post numero dos :) Once again, so glad John is okay and that his fall wasn't more serious!!